Sunday, September 06, 2009

Easy Mini Album Video Tour, Freebie peek and Scrapbook Page Inspiration

Sunday's Weekly Scrapbooking Round-Up 6th September 2009

So it's the last week of the school holidays...normally I would be feeling a sigh of relief (I think I've got Honey's school stuff ready now!), but alas I am "up against it" again.

Why? Because I am supposed to be taking an after school club (2 actually) this term at my daughter's school! Yes I've changed my mind about the content of the courses... so I'm frantically trying to finish the example scrapbook mini albums the children will be making... wish me luck.

I also signed up for Shimelle's September Class (daily scrapping... yeah right!!) my daily entries will be done once a week I think!


Well, on to the update then.


3 Easy 4×4 mini albums - Video Tour No.1
Whilst I was visiting my folks in Surrey and Sussex recently I visited a (fairly local) scrapbooking shop Crafts U Love (they do mail order). While I was there I bought a number of items such as new papers, but I also bought some sale paper packs along with my usual replenishment of tape runners and foam pads, etc.








*************************************************************************

Newsletter subscriber Freebie - a Quickpage by SundayL
I mentioned a while ago (I think) that I am working on a fairly dark set of printable papers (hybrid crafting). I decided to give away a downloadable quick page to all my Newsletter Subscribers in August, and this is it.














*******************************************************


Tutorial - How to make Felt Embellishments

Over on Ali Edwards Blog there is a tutorial with a download.

"This week Tuesday Tutorials welcomes Tania Willis with a fabulous, inspiring tutorial on creating felt embellishments.
You can download the PDF of Tania's tutorial ..." >>>


*****************************************************


Some recent Scrapbook Page Layouts from others...



I Am Who I Am
Ingvild Bolme creates another stunning page, this time with a sentiment we should all be taking on board. In fact I actively encourage everyone to make a scrapbook page on a similar note and place the layout somewhere where you will see it Every Day!

There are lots of close up photos of this layout.







*************************************************************


A Round Page Layout
Scrapperlicious shows us how she made a recent circular scrapbook page. I like the muted colours of this one.

Lots of close up picture provided of this layout.









********************************************************

New Find... a sumptuous page
I found this lady (Zarah) via Scrapperlicious. I love this layout, the simplicity of the colour scheme, and it's good to see it as an example of how you "don't" have to use themed papers for a subject. Zarah's grandmother (in the photograph) is not surrounded by vintage lace and all things grandmother-ish, she is surrounded with papers and embellishments which could easily suit any age of person - a refreshing change.

No comments: