Sunday, March 01, 2009

Hybrid Crafting Freebie and a hybrid Word Album

It's Sunday evening and here is the weekly post!

Firstly, I wanted to show you a Word Album I made for a friend on the birth of her 2nd son.

Now this album is a true hybrid scrapbooking album! That is because all the papers I used on it were printed from my computer! They are digital scrapbooking papers from a kit by Vicki.The papers I used are from the Putting on the Glitz Kit. They were free until recently but I see from her site that they are all retired, Vicki now sells her kits. Check out her blog.

I covered each of the chipboard letters with a contrasting paper - all via my printer and added a few flowers and buttons, etc. My hand holding the album in the picture above gives you an idea of scale. See how effective hybrid scrapping can be!

The above picture shows the back of each panel, which I cut round each letter.

I gave the album as a blank (as seen here) with some bits and pieces in a little kit to add to the album when she adds some photos.

Right then, other news... I have been very busy with the new site and have made up a freebie hybrid card making kit, as it was the first proper one, it has taken a long time to sort out the mechanics of a downloadable product, much more than it took me to design the card!! Still the first fledgling pages are there.

I will be posting a link at the end of the week for a FREEBIE HYBRID CARD MAKING KIT from the new site ICanCraftNow.com you can have a nose at the font page now if you like - but it is only temporary while I build the real one.

Also, the SimplyScrapbookingNow.com Newsletter will be coming out soon, so sign up for that if you haven't already. I've made a number of short videos for that.

I will be providing subscribers with downloadable freebies, from now on (as opposed to the freebie frenzy), which won't be available anywhere else! Oooh... how exclusive is that! ooh er! but it does mean that the freebie is available to all subscribers and I won't have to hand a very sharp pin to my hubby or daughter to weald around my hands holding a piece of paper in order for them to choose a winner!!! LOL

So anyway, you might like to check back here around Friday to pick up the freebie which is a whole card kit. And... if you make cards for charity sales, I am happy for you to make use of this kit (as long as there is a little mention on the back of the card somewhere).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sunday
your word album is absolutely lovely

Jean x

Anonymous said...

Sunday dearie,
I love all the layouts, cards etc that u share with all the readers in your blog !! they're fabulous !!

I just started my scrap book specially dedicated to my little daughter a month ago. As beginner, I learnt a lot from your websites.

I Hope I can learn from you more and more .

Thanks a million.

Wan