Sunday, October 11, 2009

Crop-A-Dile Video, a Sketch, Challenge and a Mickey Mouse Layout!

Sunday's Weekly Scrapbooking Round-Up 11th October 2009

I've had a busy week, published the latest issue of the Simply Scrapbooking Now Newsletter, had a birthday and then my demo at the ScrapBuddies crop yesterday! No still not slowing down, but I am working on it!

I did actually manage an 8x8 scrapbook page (right) which was made as part of the Basic Grey Challenge's Blog sketch challenge for this past week. Link to that below.

I have just finished the first in a series of pages for my "Intentional Scrapbooking" and you'll see that soon.

What the dickins is that?" you may well ask. Well Intentional Scrapbooking is about scrapbooking your intentions, such as what you want in life, affirmations, positive messages, etc. But you make these for you.

If you know what a "vision board" is then it is a similar thing to that, but as you are actively creating these pages, instead of just cutting out things you want to have or be, you are generating more powerful signals to the universe and hopefully your intentions will come to be mroe quickly.

Does that sound a bit "woo woo" to you? Well I will be talking about it more shortly, and explaining that Scrapbooking IS a form of therapy, more so than just say beadmaking, becuase it is a form of expression, but rather than making pages about past events... with Intentional Scrapbooking you are creating pages about your future and how you WANT it to be.

So onto this week's Round-Up...


Mickey Mouse Layout - Basic Grey Challenge
I decided to join in with the Basic Grey Challenges Blog this week and so here is my interpretation of the sketch…
It’s an 8×8 scrapbook page. I have noticed that there are mostly cards posted on the challenge blog as examples, but I scrapbooked it...

*************************************************


Video Tutorial - Sewing using Templates on your Pages and Cards
Stitching, using fibres such as embroidery threads, can add a lovely touch to scrapbook layouts and, indeed greetings cards. There are companies that make templates for such a technique, but of course you are limited to their designs.
You can print out any image, keeping it simple of course, and use that as a simple template...




**************************************************


Scrapbooking Product Review:
Crop-A-Dile

If you just want to set eyelets on your pages, then there are cheaper alternatives, but if you want to punch holes in thick media, such as chipboard, (apparently even leather, plastic, metal, acrylic, fabric, wood and poly - although I haven’t tried any of those myself!) the a Crop-A-Dile is probably a good buy for you.





**************************************************

October 09 Sketch & Challenge
Here is the Sketch for this month. It’s a multi-photo (well dual-photo anyway!) scrapbook page, however I think I may use one large photo instead of 2 smaller ones when I create my page...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely lay-out you made.Great colours and Mickey the funny mouse.
bye bye,Lean.