Sunday, June 14, 2009

Patchwork Style Scrapbooking, Video and Multiphoto Layouts

Sunday's Weekly Round-Up 14th June 2009

I have been busy this week, I published the June issue of the SimplyScrapbookingNow Newsletter (you can sign up for free, link top left of this blog).

I have made some more pages too, which I will show you shortly, and we had another successful Crop at ScrapBuddies yesterday... despite a strong bout of Hayfever on my part! We were playing with Shrinkles this month, great fun!

So here is the round up of recent articles over on the SundayLDesigns.com blog...

Don’t get Hung Up with Themes
I have come across many an ‘over-themed’ scrapbooking page in my time. I mean those pages which, say, are about a most loved pet dog, and which are just overflowing with images of dog bones, kennels, collars, food bowls… and on and on.
I’m sorry, but some people can just go over the top! And I’m not just talking about the creators of the pages, but also the manufacturers.
READ MORE>>


Patchwork Style Scrapbooking
There are a number of ways that you can achieve a “patchwork” feel to your scrapbooking pages, and indeed this style can be used to great effect on cards too.
I call this a “style” as opposed to a technique because, as I am about to show, you can achieve the look in a number of ways.
READ MORE>>


Scrapbooking Page Tour Video by SundayL “Laugh Together”
Here is another “Scrapbooking Page Tour” Video! The first Video Page Tour about a page entitled ”Curls” is HERE.
This is about the page I made to show a “Patchwork style” scrapbooking layout, called “Laugh Together”.
VIEW VIDEO>>

Lovely Clean, Simple Multi-Photo Layouts

Here are some examples of scrapbook layouts by Crystal Brothers. I like her clean and simple style, and the fact that a lot of her layouts are multi-photo, and as you see below I'm talking 2, 5 and 6 photos.

Take a look at Crystal's pages and see that there are not many elements to the layouts, and yet the positioning and choice of the few papers and embellishments on them work really well.

Do check out her blog, I have certainly started to "follow" it and I may well have to make one of Crystal's layout the subject of another "ScrapLift"!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm honored! Thank you so much for your kind words :) Your blog is fantastic as well! Great tutorials and you share some great stuff on here! So glad I found you also :)

Crystal

Timi O. Mercado said...

Hi Sunday! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Just signed up for your newsletter. Great job on the previous ones.

Timi Mercado