Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday's Weekly Scrapbooking Round-Up 24 May 09

It's been another rushing around week! I expect it's the same for you all, right?

One thing I am chuffed about is that I have had a Scrapbooking Page Layout of mine published in the June issue of Scrapbook Inspirations Magazine. It's on Page 66 (the "Fathers" layouts section) Yes it will be Fathers' Day soon! (I subscribe to the mag so get it early and cheaper, but I believe it will be on newsagent shelves on Friday 29th May)

I have actually managed a couple of scrapbooking pages this week, well, finished off one (now that I have re-installed my Craft Robo!) and made one by SPEED-Scrapping an 8x8 layout using the FREEBIE downloadable background paper I have released to my Newsletter Subscribers. Here it is...


The background paper is the freebie and the Title element and the Journaling block are both from the Blue Damask Scrapbooking/Card Kit.


I added a sprinkling of eyelets (which follow the swirls on the paper slightly) and TIP put white or light coloured paper behind the eyelets to enhance their colour, otherwise the middles will look black and the colour gets lost in the hole if you see what I mean!)


I also added a gathering of buttons and flowers to match the colours in the photograph.

If you sign up for the newsletter now, you will have missed the email with the link to the FREEBIE, so when you receive your Welcome email, just hit reply and ask me for the link and I will send it to you as soon as I next check my emails!

So here is the weekly round-up of crafty (and not so crafty!) things for you...

On the not so crafty front, I posted a video of "my boys" on the SundayLDesigns.com blog - that is the Koi in my pond (Although I reckon Tango is a girl... from it's Girth!!!!!! Childbearing hips as they say! LOL)


On the crafting front...

Here's a little story of how Hybrid Crafting can actually SAVE THE DAY!

A great Mini book to be seen in this post... click here...

Ok, till next week then... you can always pop over to SundayLDesigns.com in the meantime

No comments: