Sunday, July 29, 2007

Nature's Beauty

I have seen one of these before, but it was only on Friday, when rushing around Tescos that I came across a small box of them for sale... what is it...?

It's a dragon fruit! It wasn't cheap £1.99 each - but I just thought it was sooooooooooooooo beautiful! Just look at those colours. The colour combinations... would you have thought of putting these colours together in a layout? No neither would I, but nature puts such combinations together all the time and they just work!

I just had to share this with you... I am in awe of nature's beauty, that's why I love television programs such as "Survival" and David Attenborough's plethora of nature programs.

I decided it would be a good opportunity to try such a fruit as my sister, bother in law and my two nieces were staying with us this weekend and we all agreed that it was a fascinating fruit to look at both inside and out.

As for the taste... well frankly it didn't have one!!! Funny isn't it, almost like nature put so much energy into making something so beautiful to the eye, that it ran out of oomph when it came to t
antalising the taste buds!





















Anyway, my little one had a taste... she said "mmmmm" but I suspect it was for effect! Don't think she'll be asking for "more please mummy"!

I just wanted to look at it all the time!


Above left and right: Honey sampling the delights of said Dragon Fruit

above right: her cousin Mea who, at the tender age of 6, already knew what a Dragon Fruit was!!










UPDATE: 16th August 2008
I found another scrapper who "experimented" with a dragon fruit!! It's
Jak here in England!
Click here to see the entry in her blog.

No comments: