Wednesday, July 25, 2007

When Inspiration Strikes!

I have had a photo of myself, my husband and my daughter hanging on my pin board for almost a year waiting for inspiration to strike!


Well it finally did!

I have to say that although I had a vague idea of what sort of layout I thought I would do, it was only when I bought a new piece of equipment that it finally came together.

The piece of equipment in question is an X-Cut circle cutter! I have been toying with the thought of spending some dosh on something that would cut decent circles for me, I am capable of weilding a pair of scissors or a scalpel, but it's never quite right, have you noticed that?

Anyway, I finally bit the bullet, grasped the nettle and bought the cutter and a set of 3 ring templates which means I can cut rings or 6 different sized circles!

I knew I wanted to have a theme of circles for this as the picture lent itself to it, and as soon as I bought the equipment it all fell together.

The paper is from a pack from Basic Grey - (favourite company for papers at the moment) - "Blush". Hand made the "3" and the "US" using chipboard letters as templates, but actually cut from a corrugated cardboard box (checked for acidity) and then covered with the paper.
As for it hanging on my pinboard... well that's something I do! Put the picture or a couple of pictures inside a plastic folder and then pin it to my board. Two benefits... firstly I get to enjoy the photos every day and secondly it reminds me I have to scrap it (them) and keeps it fresh in my mind!

No comments: