Sunday, July 06, 2008

Simple Layouts and different photographs

I was looking through my "Blog feeds" recently and noticed a post from the Paper Pesto blog.

Unfortunately I clicked on the link for more information, in other words to take me to the post on the Paper Pesto blog, but for some reason it couldn't manage it.

So I copied the small amount I had on my blog feed (it takes a copy) and I post it here. The reason I do this is for two reasons. One is for the layouts, I thought they were a good example of some very simple, but effective scrapbooking layouts.

Ideal for scraplifting!

The "green" page entitled "She seeks" I thought was a particularly clever title. Says enough about the photograph. Is it part of the "She seeks sea shells on the sea shore" do you think?

The other reason I wanted to share these with you was because of the photographs themselves .

Both photographs are not your "standard" portraits, and yet portray enough to make a lovely scrapbooking page... don't you think? Nicely understated I think, and great inspiration to attempt the less rigid and predictable portrait shots.

This link will take you to the Paper Pesto blog - to a post with a number of lovely layouts to admire!

Anyway the text with these two pages is below...

Love these layouts from Fi using the May kit. She’s brought a little of the outdoors inside using that lovely cherry blossom twig on her ’seek’ page. She’s also wrapped her felt butterfly in thin wire to create the antennae and body shape.For ‘cheeky’, she has used the bright blues and yellows from the kit( Sassafrass lass and double-mates cardstock) to reflect the feel of the photo. She has also placed a piece of basic grey elephant paper from her stash down the side and stitched everything together to help tie everything in.

No comments: