Saturday, December 22, 2007

And a Merry Christmas to you ALL

I have to say that I am not a religious person... however, I am a "live and let live" person (as long as others are not harming anyone.

But I celebrate Christmas as I was brought up with it all, but that was mainly the Father Christmas stuff, etc. Something which I now do with my daughter (hubby not too sure about the whole thing as he didn't have it all as a child, so I take control... no change there then!!!)

But one day I do like to pay special attention to is 21st December - the Winter Solstice... the shortest day. Means we are now on the upturn and the days are getting longer again! Woo hoo. Of course there is no immediate change but it does have a psychological effect on me anyway.

However, this year I am trying to appreciate everything that I already have around me, even down to the smallest little thing, like having hot and cold running water on demand for instance. Stuff we take for granted. Believe me, when you have lived on a motorhome for a year (as I did) you really appreciate a normal flushing toilet and having an unending supply of water at the flick of a wrist! I think everyone should have to do the same, cos it makes you appreciate all that we have... even those on the bread line.

When we appreciate things, especially those around us, we attract more things to appreciate, in other words, more things that we want.

And this time of year is a great time to highlight such things. So take a moment, in between breaths (whilst arguing with the family again! LOL) to appreciate that you HAVE a family... and if you don't... maybe appreciate that!!!

I think my favourite thing about the festive season... is that I love to give presents. I wish I could buy lots more for everyone, and one day I will be able to. But I love to give.

Now then... the picture above is the 12x12 page layout I am giving to my mum as a Christmas gift... I think I am fairly safe in that I don't think she will have time to check out my blog before the big day, so I thought I would share it with you.

And the little picture... well that's little ole me and my homage to tinsel time!!!

So Merry Christmas or just Happy Solstice or May you Live long and Prosper !!! whatever your persuasion I wish you ALL health and happiness.

No comments: