Thursday, December 06, 2007

A natty way to Store your Ribbons

This is an article I found on the Families.com website. I reproduce it here ... just love the idea!!

How a Kitchen Product Can Become Ribbon Storage
by
Nicole Humphrey More from this Blogger
If you know me, then you know there is nothing I love more than figuring out how I can reuse items in new and different ways. I am constantly writing articles for the frugal blog on finding new uses for everyday items. Well, I have found a new use for a standard kitchen item that very quickly can be turned into ribbon storage.
When we became a blended family, we wound up with two of a lot of things. Those are the items I tend to play around with first. Well, we wound up with two colanders for our kitchen.

Even if we had not had two in our possession, you can typically find a kitchen colander that will work great at a discount department store for under $4. So regardless it is a very inexpensive storage alternative. You have plenty of options as well. They come in steel and plastic and you could even paint or alter them in some way to decorate them and make them coordinate. I have not done this yet.

So how does a colander become a scrapbooking storage or organization tool for ribbon? Simple.

Take your strands of ribbon and poke them through the holes in your colander. You can place them by colors or patterns or brands or however you want. I sort of did a cluster of various colors and brands to give you a general idea of what I am talking about.

The best part of this storage idea, or organizational method, is that colander's come with handles. You can tie pretty ribbon or even use chain to hang the colander from the ceiling of your scrap area to utilize that vertical space. You could also just place it on a counter top, table top or bookshelf.

Nicole Humphrey writes articles for the
Scrapbooking Blog, for the Frugal Blog, and for the Photography Blog all on Families.com. She also guest blogs on a variety of topics. You can read more of her articles by clicking here.

No comments: