Monday, June 11, 2007

Scrapbooking the Good and the Bad!

Most of our scrapbooking is devoted to good times, good friends, family, etc. I have seen very few pages which record something not so good. When I have come across such a layout I have found them fairly moving… emotionally.

I haven’t actually created such a page myself yet, but when my daughter recently had an altercation with the top of one of her fingers and a door (!) I did actually remember to take the camera with me the following day (after the A&E) when we had to go back to the hospital to have the top of her finger sewn back into place! Great way to spend a Sunday and bank holiday Monday!! Mind you it was chucking it down with rain outside, so we were ok inside, and being a bank holiday, there were only a few people in the ward.

Anyway, I took the camera to the hospital to make my daughter feel that it was a good thing to be there and for her to enjoy looking at the photos later.


I plan to make a little mini book of it for her to have with her… may photocopy the original so that she can have one to carry with her to show people (after all she is only 3!)

As for other “bad” or “really” personal stuff… I have yet to come to feel the time is right for me to scrapbook some picture of my Dad, who dies suddenly 2 years ago. Strange but I feel guilty that I should have by now… but I just can’t face it yet!




Top picture: Honey in her hospital gown.

Middle: on the way to plastic surgery.

Bottom: First meal of the day... 1pm (ish) - poor little thing was famished!

No comments: