Friday, August 03, 2007

It’s oh so Black and White!

I was inspired by a layout by Kelly Slattery over at the Paperpesto blog. I particularly liked the cut out edge of the flowered paper.

I found some paper of my own which was black and white and so decided to theme the whole page to black and white so that the colours in the photographs could shine through.

The words “ice cream” were stamped with a white opaque ink, however they were anywhere near clear enough so I have gone over them with a white pen.

The “&” (have you spotted it yet? LOL) and the words “Merry-go-Round” are rub ons. The only colour I introduced to the page (apart from the brass eyelets and brads, which I don’t really consider a colour as such) was a metallic finish red brad holding on a pearlescent flower on the photo bottom left.

I felt that corner of the page just needed to be “tied in” (colour-wise) with the photographs a little more and I believe the tiny brad does that.

As for the eyelets… I adhered some white paper to the back of the layout over each of the holes to lighten them, it was a better finish than a dark inner.

Useful TIP: The photographs on this layout date back 2 years. I always write on the back of my layouts the date I actually created the page, I think it will be interesting to see my development in a few years time.

Anyway, thanks Kelly for the inspiration!

No comments: