Friday, August 31, 2007

Fast and Speedy Scrapbooking Layout

Well it must be a first... this layout took about an hour! And that was choosing the photograph as well.

It is an 8x8 layout and it was for a team challenge.

The challenge was to use red on the page and scrap a favourite item/place.

I've used patterned paper from Basic Grey (Scarlet's Letter)- currently my most favourite paper company! Have just bought about 4 of their collections packs from CraftsULove (the shop is quite near my mum in Surrey, so I pop in there when I go to visit, which doesn't do my wallet any good!!)

I scrapped my VW Beetle that I had back in the '80s. As the journalin says - when I was driving the car people always used to see it a give a little smile. I decorated it for various occasions, not just Christmas as in this picture.

Also a few months after this picture was taken I had the words "Baby Girl" sign written on the bonnet and boot, which made people go "Aaahhh" as well as smile!

She was a lovely old car... but comfort got the better of me and I purchased a more modern car a couple of years later. Kept the old banger on in tandem with the newer car for a while, but eventually had to let her go. Hopefully she'll still be making people smile on our roads as "V dubs" do go on forever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sunday, thanks for a really interesting read.