Saturday, September 01, 2007

Scrapbooking KISS

I bet you thought I was going to discuss lips!!


Well sorry about that - KISS stands for "Keep It Simple Silly" or in our case - "Keep It Simple Scrappers"!! LOL And in that vein I post my latest layout.

Yes folks 2 whole scrapbooking pages in less that 24hrs! Last night's one about my VW Beetle and tonight's about a landscape upon which I used to gaze from my bedroom window.
The challenge was:
a landscape or seascape
1 or 2 photos only
use green, brown or blue buttons
Hand write the journaling
Use shades of blue, green and brown.

Both were challenges set by my team members on UKScrappers.

Funny how some things just click isn't it?! But the main reason for getting 2 layouts done so quickly was that I kept it simple.

On both layouts, there are no fancy techniques used, just shapes of plain and patterned paper/card, some ribbon, buttons (or a brad) and a bloom... SIMPLE !

And bearing in mind there are so many gorgeous papers out there, we really should leave the hard work to them and build out Scrapbooking layouts in super quick time!

No comments: