Saturday, October 20, 2007

Challenge and scrapbooking more than one photo

This is an 8x8 layout I made in response to a challenge I set my ScrapBuddies Crop.


The challenge was:
Leave black or white space on your layout
Use circles
Use some bling
Use 3 buttons and/or 3 flowers.
The ribbons on the left of the photograph on this layout are on a tag of some hidden journaling - a technique I use a lot on 8x8 layouts, especially when using a shop printed 6x4" photo (even if cutting down!).
I have set this challenge for my UK Scrappers fellow team members, if they let me I will post a copy of their interpretations when they are done.

For my next project, I am going to scrap some more pages, large and small, with two or more photos included. This is in response to the fact that I am "getting behind" with my scrapping!

All of my photos are digital, but as an added challenge (and so that I can prove to my group that it is possible to get quite a lot of photos onto one layout) I have had a number of them printed (at the chemist) standard 6x4"s.

We seem to get caught up with doing layouts for challenges, and many sketches, which are all about the art of designing a page and not about "storing photos in a pleasing manner".

Which, after all, is what scrapbooking is ultimately about is it not?

No comments: