Thursday, September 20, 2007

A quickie Post

Now for those of you that know me personally... you will know why this is just a "quickie" post.

I just wanted to stay in touch even though I currently have no access to my trusty PC!

Which is why there were no pictures with the last post. I do like to include at least one image with each post, but sometimes, it is just not possible to do so. However, I will have access again shortly and then will be able to upload some pictures! Hoorah!!

However, until then here is just a mini TIP for you...

If you are a beginner and planning to buy some stamps (the ones you stamp images with!) I would advise that you gofor acrylic ones. In other words not the wood mounted ones. This is especially important if you are planning on investing in some alphabet stamps.

The reason...

...because you can see precisely "where" you are about to stamp your image in comparison to other things around it because your mount is transparent. And because you can create a word straight onto the stamping block and test it out before stamping the real thing, thus allowing for adjustment, creating a stamped word(s) nicely spaced. Also and for some most important... they are a LOT cheaper.

I believe that the days of wood mounted stamps are severely numbered.

No comments: