Sunday, September 09, 2007

What a Mess - preparation for a crop

Well, this is a picture of my neat and tidy desk!!! NOT!

Thought I might as well show you my preparation table. I have a demo to do at the ScrapBuddies Crop this Saturday and my demo is about how to make a mini book. It is based on the Valentine one I made for my husband. You can just make it out in the middle of the picture.


The subject of the demonstration mini book is my daughter and her cousins all washing my car together!


You can see that I have printed out a whole A4 page of little photos. I explained how to do this in the post about Scrapbooking Ourselves - printing photographs.


I am currently in the process of gathering a selection of ribbons, embellishments and other bits and pieces, which I could protentially use in my mini album. In that way I basically make myself up a little kit of co-orinating items. I may well not use them all and I only get out a sample (ie a couple of brads) so that it reminds me what I have, I can always go to my stash to collect some more when I am putting it all together.


Advise I would give to anyone going to a crop, even if not demonstrating. Make a collection of items or yourself for a particular layout. That way you can use the crop time for scrapping and not trawling through your stash looking for inspiration!

No comments: