Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Look what I found in my lounge last night!!!

I was just getting up from the dining table after a later than normal supper with my hubby (Honey was already in bed... I fed her before we took Toffee back to the vet's, tell you about that in a mo) when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye!

It was tucked right up against the woodwork at the bottom of our sliding patio doors. And how I noticed it I don't know as he was the same colour as the woodwork and the lighting in that area is quite dim.

Anyway... this little chap (or chapettee - I have no idea how one tells such thins!) was (I believe) a Salamander!

He (it) had a lovely red belly and at first I thought it was a newt, but as it had no webbed feet, we settled on a Salamander.

I ushered him carefully into a plastic tumbler and thought that Honey would never believe us when we told her we found a lizardy looking thing in our lounge the previous night, so I dashed upstairs to get the camera while hubby held onto the lizard holding tumbler.

As soon as I got upstairs, of course, I remembered the camera was downstairs! tut!

So actually I took these pictures for Honey's sake, but thought I would share them with you now!

As for Toffee... she was due for a "post-op" check up today but I booked her in yesterday evening as she was still very subdued and we figured in quite a bit of pain still, so we took her to the vet for some painkillers. (Apparently it is standard practise to not supply post-op tablets - they reckon the ones given at the time last 24hrs and is all that's needed).

But as poor old Toffee is 10 years old, I figured she needed some respite. Anyway, pleased to say she is feeling much better today after some medicine!

No comments: