Saturday, September 20, 2008

Stamped, coloured and inked child's birthday card

This is a birthday card I made yesterday for one of Honey's class mates who will be 5. Honey is attending her friend's birthday party on Sunday.

I could have bought a card as Honey didn't want to make one herself this time, but I suddenly had the inspiration to make a little one myself.

So I used the See D's Birthday set and stamped the balloons using StayzOn ink and then coloured the image using aqua pencils and waterbrush.

The paper is by Junkitz and because it wasn't long enough to cover both sides of the card (front and back) I trimmed the front back to fit the paper and stamped images down the side of the inside of the card showing through (see 2nd picture).

The stamp used there of mini flowers was actually from one of my daughter's tiny little stamping kits. They are made of what looks like a similar rubber to the real thing and give really good quality detail, so they have made their way into my stash rather than languishing at the bottom of a "play drawer"!

And I even edged the "toppers" with yellow and I'm not the world's biggest fan of yellow... but it worked here!

I hope she likes it... I just hope I haven't set myself a precident.!

No comments: