Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Circle Journal - "The Little Things" - my pages continued

Ok, here are the close ups of the pages, and... a picture of the tag used in the sign in page.
You can now see more clearly that the tag on the left hand page has been printed and then cut out, adding flowers, brad and ribbon.
On the right hand page I included the text onto a digital journaling piece of paper. I added a drop shadow to this, so even now, in the photograph here, it's still difficult to see that it is actually part of the background image on the layout.
The photographs I "blended" into the patterned paper... thanks to a tutorial at ScrapGirls about "layer Masks" using Photoshop Elements.
What they were blending in the example wasn't quite the same as what I was trying to use, so my pictures are not as crisp as I would like, but the general effect was achieved.
I have since found another tutorial useful, a link to which I will post shortly with another quick digital scrapbooking page I have made recently, specifically to work out how to blend properly!!!
The tag (which is added to the "sign in" pages at the back of the circle journal) was made in the same hybrid way. But this time I changed the texts on the oval tag element and printed it as part of the background!

No comments: