Monday, March 03, 2008

Have I gone "International"?

This is a set of unmounted stamps available from Sunday International !!!

Have you gone global? .. you ask me. (For those new to this blog, my name is Sunday!) Well no, just stumbled across the site from another and another one before that... you know how it goes, right?

Anyway, it amazes me how photographic some stamps are nowadays. The production technology is so advanced now that there are just some simply stunning stamps out there.

I particularly like unmounted stamps, which these are, but I do actually prefer the clear acrylic ones because you can see through them for easy placement. And of course the unmounted ones are a lot cheaper than the mounted ones, and I think the ready mounted on maple wood-type stamps will be a thing of the past soon.

Anyway the reason for showing you this set particularly is that it is a collection of nudes! Naked women.

I have always said that I would much rather look at a woman's naked body than a man's, and the history of Art all over the world proves my point. We women (sorry any male readers!) are a pleasing form (there are some exceptions of course and in both directions if you get my meaning!).

But... where are the beautiful male nudes, eh? When will someone be brave enough to bring out a collection of stamps depicting tasteful male nudes, that's what I want to know?

No comments: