Thursday, March 06, 2008

Personalising Cards

I spoke recently of using photographs on cards. This personalises the card specific to the person receiving it and can be nicer than just patterned paper and embellishments alone.

Well here is my 2008 Mother's Day card.

It's ok, I rang my mum today to make sure she had received it by now, to which she said she had and thank you!

I said that the reason I was asking was because I wanted to post a picture of it on my blog.

She gasped and said, "oh not you're not going to put in on there!"

For a moment I thought she meant that it wasn't good enough to be published, but then I realised that it wasn't about that at all, but was in fact about the fact that her photograph is on it!

She reckoned that my picture should have been the big one and her's smaller, but I explained that the card was about her... as my mum... so her picture was supposed to be biggest!

The didn't think it was a nice picture of herself. I disagree! I have fiddled with it in Photoshop Elements, as I did mine mostly to the drain the colour from mine.

The background paper by the way, is from Basic Grey, and so is the tag. And I did actually have to hand stitch all those buttons! But I did all that onto the background paper and when it was all done, I then adhered it to my card base.

My mum has always been an attractive lady and I believe remains so, if only she thought that too!

No comments: