Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Birthday card using Basic Grey Papers

Well as my mum has received her card... I can show it to the rest of the world now!

I 'went to town' on this one a bit! I found that the Basic grey papers from the "Blush" Collection complimented the brooch which I had found in a charity shop (some time ago!) . So I built up the card from those to elements really.

As you can see from the second photograph, I made sure that the diamond was "backed" so as not to show all the "gubbins" of the ribbon and eyelets and the fact that I did have to "sew" some copper wire around the brooch to make sure it didn't fall off as it is quite heavy. And I had long since clipped off the pin at the back of the brooch.

Inside I used a flower mounted on the same type/colour card as on at the front for some continuity. And it helped tidy the back view of the front diamond.

So as not to cover-up the patterned paper on the inside of the car I wrote the greeting onto vellum and used brads to hold it in place.

This of course, was all done before sticking the patterned paper to the card itself.

No comments: