Friday, May 02, 2008

Scrapbooking the Ups and Downs of Life

This is a picture of my daughter asleep on the sofa, kept away from nursery due to a cold.


Usually a very healthy girl, she has come down with another illness this week and our plans for a weekend away have been cancelled.

Whilst making hotel cancellations, etc, I was reminded that although we tend to scrapbook all the big events and happy days of our lives, we often do not think to take photos or document the less happy moments, which, I believe are just as important.
Now that is not to dwell on such unhappy things, merely to document them to show them as contrast, or to be able to look back and see that we triumphed over adversity... and therefore could do so again.
So I shall be creating the odd page about out trials and tribulations, along with all the lovely things we get to do and I shall with this photo too.
And I bet you're saying to yourself... "yeah good luck with colour matching that gorgeous blanket!" LOL
Hmmm! I may chicken out and drain the colour to black and white! LOL

No comments: