Sunday, February 03, 2008

Scrapbooking Layout - Using Basic Grey Two Scoops Collection

This is a layout that I have just MADE myself do!!! My mojo was languishing somwhere or other - so my husband said he would take the puppy out for a run (in the coooooold weather) and my daughter wanted to go to, so I was left alone for a little while and ran upstairs to get on with something.

My trouble is that I have been over thinking stuff! I can plan too much sometimes and you can't help but try to do things properly - ie get it all on the page before sticking or making holes (just in case you want to move something).

Well I thought... sod it... I'm just going to make this up as I go along... so I did!

I love the Two Scoops stuff from Basic Grey at the moment and the photos seemed to go with this particular patterned paper (called Ice cream Parlour) and so I let the patterened paper "do the talking" on this one!

The denim flowers are from Lakeland, the swirl stamps (from the Two Scoops collection) on the right side were embossed with silver glitter embossing powder which was a bit too sparkly for me, so a little technique I used was to just over heat it in places to distress it a bit. It fades the embossing, but beware of discolouring your paper/card.

No comments: