Monday, January 14, 2008

Albums - the Making of 5x7 Album "In the Mirror" - Part 1

The first in the series of photos from the "In the Mirror" Album, which is an album of photographs taking during a 10 minutes shoot of myself and my daughter in the mirror (strangely LOL!).

This cover isn't actually finished!

"Well why have you posted it on here then?" I hear you ask!

Well, for a reason!

"And what pray is that?" you ask further!

Well, I want to show you that we all do stuff that we end up changing because it doesn't work. Now strictly speaking I knew the small size of these letters wouldn't be big enough, but I just had to try them. The reason I was so impatient was because the title to the album was the first ever thing I cut with my brand new Craft ROBO !! Woo hoo!

I haven't quite got the hang of the fact that despite typing in the height of my letters to be 3cm, that's not what was cut out!

So a TIP: when choosing a font size by mm dimensions rather than point size, be aware that the measurement often includes quite a bit of white space top and bottom of the letters themselves!

So anyway, I plan to cut this title again shortly, only much larger! Then I will also add some other embellishments such as a flower(s), and, of course, I shall post a picture of it as soon as it is done!

I think I will make Mondays, my "Album" day. Thereby each Monday the blog post will be about either an album I am working on and/or inspiration for albums from other sources.

No comments: