Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sewing on Scrapbooking Layouts

This is my latest page. It was inspired by a layout by Marni Telford so this is my interpretation. The link to Marni takes you to the post including the photo of the Layout, but you have to scroll down to the third photo.

I did try to copy the photo here, but for some reason, 'gifs' don't want to copy!

Anyway I can't clearly see whether Marni has used stitching or just doodled, but I got the sewing machine out!! As for the title... "Badger" that was cut out using my Craft Robo, great machine!

The papers are mostly Basic Grey's Scarlet's letter 6x6 pad.

Oh and Badger... my old dog (although this picture was taken when he was a young man of around 1 year old!), sadly passed on Christmas Eve 2003 - 2 weeks after my daughter was born, he was 15. I named our last house after him, which is where I knew he would end up being buried... the house is called "Badgers Oak" and we planted an Oak tree sapling above him, don't know if it's still there mind! But there was a huge oak tree right beside the house anyway and more all around the fields surrounding the house. The new owners have kept the name and it is a little bit of my "little man" that lives on.

Badgers memorial stone (which we keep with us) just says...

Badger... My Shadow, My Friend.

1 comment:

Kate, Dave and the kiddlets said...

This is a gorgeous page of your old dog. I am inspired by Marni Telford too!