Sunday, January 06, 2008

Wet, or Glossy?

These are some flat stones I collected by a stream running through my sister-in-law's farm just inside the Welsh border.

Of course, when I picked them up they were dark and shiny because they were wet with either water from the stream, or dew.

But they dried out and were the matt finish you can see in the picture. But asI collected I knew that I had a product at home that could possibly work as a varnish, thus giving the look of the stones being shiny and wet again.

Et voila! I used Anita's 3-D Clear Gloss Finish (for liquid embossing). I'm sure there is a straight gloss finish that would work equally well, but I am still rather pleased with the end result. I plan to use the

pebbles on a layout about a previous visit to this side of the family, and of course, you will be the first to see it!

Whilst I was at it, I decided to "gloss" a large maple leaf I had pressed from last year. Not sure I like the plasticky look to the leaf now, but I will be using it on a layout too, and I do like the way it brings out the veins... what do you think?

No comments: